Thursday, March 21, 2013

Have a Beautiful Day

It is finally spring!  Although it feels nothing like it here in Iowa.  I made this pretty Tulip card for the Free For All Friday at Flourishes.  There is also a great challenge going on called Bring on Spring that I will be entering this into as well on the Flourishes blog.

Have you seen the cute little groundhog photos on FB saying how Phil lied about spring?  He was sooo wrong this year!  Last year during the month of March we had 60 degree weather, this year it is still in the 30's with possible snow this weekend.  Heck, it is supposed to snow on Friday at my dad's house in Alabama!  I did spot some pretty purple and yellow Crocus flowers popping out of the ground on my walk late this afternoon.  I guess one good plus is that it wasn't too cold to walk as long as I was facing the sun.



SUPPLIES USED:



I used the sketch at Sweet Sunday for my design.  Love the wide square in the middle, so many possibilities for this one.


Here are the links to the rest of the design team, they have some beautiful creations to share with you!
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

18 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Sorry to heard you are still having bad weather...

Tricia T said...

Love it, Heather! That tulip is SO pretty. I agree about the weather. I think we're expecting snow here in Wisconsin this weekend, too. I guess it IS only March, though! We'll definitely appreciate spring when it comes!!

Tricia

Davi said...

Beautiful card Heather, love the soft peach and lace with the pretty cut out tulip! Wish I could send you some of our hot sunshine,low 90s here already :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. We are nice and warm here.. Already... YIKES. I think we are in for a long and hot summer.

Hugs~

Stacy Morgan said...

I agree Phil lied... no spring here either, dreadfully cold and yucky.
Your card on teh other hand is super pretty and very springy. Wonderful card Heather.

Amanda said...

Heather, your cards are what I want my cards to look like one day! This is so soft, sweet and perfect! I love how the design and colors really enhance the flower :)

~ Amanda

ChristineCreations said...

So lovely Heather! The stitching and the lace is so pretty together. You're tulip is popped so beautifully it looks like it's floating!

Sue Lelli said...

Did you see they brought Phil up on charges???!

LOVE this card, Heather! The colors are so PRETTY! LOVE the buld and that crocheted trim!

Dawn Easton said...

Heather, this is fabulous! Definitely FEELS like spring! Love your creation!
Our weather is so up and down here. One day 60F and the next more like 30F. But that's our spring here in Calgary!

Allison Cope said...

Such a happy creation! I love the design Heather! Beautiful card.

Leslie Miller said...

Such a pretty card! I always love your colors and papers, and you did a beautiful job with the sketch. It's beginning to look like spring here, but we're bound to have more yucky weather yet.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your cards are beautiful. I particularly like the stitching on them which adds a new dimension.

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty Miss Heather!! Love your Super choice of dp's and Beautiful coloring! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

~Tammy~ said...

Love the pretty colors Heather! Sometimes we have to make our own spring! You' ve done it beautifully!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful :) !!!

Lisa H. said...

just lovely! I adore the sketch and how you used it. you are right....so many possibilities.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Hope you are having a beautiful day, too!

Sue Lelli said...

Love the colors and the flower on your pretty card! Gorgeous, Hearher!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs