Sunday, March 17, 2013

Party Time

Well, hello there!  I am excited that it is spring break time!  That means I get a lot more crafty time, and blog visiting time.  I have been kinda absent lately, concentrating on getting myself healthy again.  If you visit me often, you will remember me talking about my back problems.  I decided not to do anything crazy like, Cortizone shots into my nerves and all the other things that were tossed into the air.  About 2 months ago, I went to my Chiropractor and had an adjustment.  Instantly, I felt better and took that opportunity to get my butt back to the gym to lose the 30 lbs that I gained from all the oral steroids.  Being a Vegan, there wasn't anything diet wise that I could do to lose the weight.  Within the 2 months that I have been working out 5 days a week doing cardio and weights, I have dropped almost 20 lbs!  I can't be more excited!!  I have bigger goals than the 30 lbs, now I would be super happy to lose another 20 lbs more.  I am concentrating on strengthening my core and back muscles for better support and  I am pleased to say that I have not had my back hurt once since I have been working out!  Yeah me!  :)


 So, on to this DARLING little girl.  I ordered this Doodle Garden Party Time girl with my last MFT release purchase, along with these FABULOUS new Blueprint die-namics dies.  I can tell you this, if you are a beginning cardmaker or just short on time and need something quick, this is for you!  I LOVED how easy this card was to make using all the neat dies in the set, I can't wait for more of these to come out.  The possibilities are endless!


On day one of Teaser Time, they showed 4 possible layouts using the new Blueprint dies.  You can find them and more information HERE.  I used the sketch in the upper right hand corner.

Copics
Skin: E000, E00, E21, Cheeks: R22
Hair:E40, E42, E31, E33, E37
Dress & Shoes: R11, R20, R22 Present: Bg11, Bg13, BG15

SUPPLIES:



Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

24 comments:

Sandy said...

Heather, the card is so cute. I really like all the different patterns you used on this card. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better and great that you have lost 30 pounds. I know that is a commitment to do that! I keep telling myself to get up and do it...I know I would feel so much better to get some weight off.

Katie said...

Heather, such a cute card. Love the colors.
Glad you are feeling better, back injuries are definitely NO FUN. Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we move?

farmhouse-story said...

good for you, heather! your card is adorable, as always! enjoy your time off:)

Ros Crawford said...

What a beauriful card ... Just adorable! Ad well done to you on your weight loss ... Pilates is wonderful for strengthening the core muscles ...

Kathi said...

What an adorable card! Love the colors you used! Congrats to you on the weight loss and the added benefits to your back! I have been struggling with back problems for over a year and been getting the steroid shots in my back, which has helped, but it is making me gain weight too! I am starting a back strengthening regimen to see if that will help. Wish me luck!

Tricia T said...

Good for you, Heather! I dont know what I would do without my chiropractor!!! I love your card. Aren't those Blueprints wonderful? It's like having half the work already done! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Tricia

Jackie Pedro said...

20 pounds is AWESOME! Congratulations to you and your future weightloss success!

I ADORE your card. Aren't the Blueprints Die-namics fantastic?

Lisa H. said...

I am so happy you love the Blueprints as much as I do! this one fantastic card...such a cutie :)

Tara Godfrey said...

Big Congrats on hitting the gym...what an amazing accomplishment...20 LBS that is AWESOME, Heather! You should be SOOOOOO SUPER proud of yourself and I thrilled that it has helped with your back pain too.
Your card is STUNNING, hun! WOW! I love it and the DG Party Time girl is coloured beautifully...LOVE her hair...I agree the new Blueprints are FANTASTIC!!!
Hugs,t

Melody said...

Adorable card! Love the soft colors. I love the Blueprints too. Congrats on the weight loss and so glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your feeling better! And losing weight....I know that is a tough thing to do...so BRAVO FOR YOU!!!!!!! I lost 40 and have gained back 10 :-( I need to get my rear end moving lol!!

What a sweet sweet card!!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Heather! Lovely colours and the image is so cute!
I'm glad your back feels a bit better and succes with all the workouts! hugs, Marlies

Davi said...

Very pretty, love the colors you used and great coloring on that little sweetie :)

Sue Lelli said...

That is so GREAT about your health and work out routine and weight loss! You GO girl! LOVE this darling card! As always, your coloring rocks! CUTE papers, too!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOOOH! LOVE LOVE LOVE this Heather! STUNNING coloring and you rocked the Blueprints! Aren't they AWESOME???
Congrats on getting healthy! Glad you are feeling better!!! HUGS!

Unknown said...

Everything about this card has me smiling.. That image is so darn sweet..

Hugs~

Dawn Easton said...

Congratulations Heather on your weight loss and getting fit!!! That's fantastic!! Good for you, sticking to it and helping your back too!

Your card is so sweet!!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY YOU!!! Congrats on sticking to your weight loss routine Heather, happy your pain has vanished! Your card is darling. Sweet little image and pretty DPs ;)

Unknown said...

Just darling, Heather! Love the sweet mix of colors and the new blueprints!

Way to go! on your weight loss!

Cheryl said...

Whoo Hoo! Way to go on the weight loss! Your card is so cute! I love how you colored that sweet image--especially her hair. The Blueprint dies are awesome, and all the different papers you used look great together!

Tracy said...

Congratulations Heather! That is amazing. I got goose bumps just reading about your success. I swear by chiropractic care. Now I have even more inspiration from you - health and your amazing creativity. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! I just ordered the blueprints and I can't wait to play with them. Keep up the great work girl!

Maria said...

Super adorable card! Big congrats on losing weight! Hope your back continues to do well! I feel for ya since I struggle with back problems at times, also! Take good care, hugs!

Shaughn Woodruff said...

Hi Heather,
I just came across your blog and I love your card! I actually love all your creations! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This may be quite late, but I'm glad that your back got better. Until now, I'm still amaze on how a chiropractic care can give a good relief for all kinds of muscle pain. Whatever the explanation it is, I'm still glad this kind of treatment has been invented. Cheers! #Donette @ USHealthWorks.com/Sacramento-East-Center.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs